Severna Park ZGK Financial Aid Award
Each year one graduating senior at Severna Park High School will be selected to receive the Zachary Gerald Knight Award. This monetary award is up to $2,500.00 of financial aid to be used as the recipient deems necessary when entering the next phase of life, whether that includes higher education, military service, or entrance to the workforce.
About the Award
The Zachary Gerald Knight Foundation prides itself on celebrating individuals who truly demonstrate leadership skills and show compassion and concern for others through acts of kindness and selflessness. We strive to honor those who uplift and set a positive example for those around them. Since the criteria we value cannot solely be measured in the classroom or on the sporting field, we rely on nominations by community members, faculty, peers, and others who note positive behaviors, acts of kindness, and leadership traits in the nominee.
Criteria for Award
- Applicant must be a graduating Senior at Severna Park Senior High School.
- Applicant should value and exhibit kindness, enthusiasm, selflessness, and courage to take on leadership roles.
- Applicant must strive to better themselves and the community around them.
- Complete and submit application form.
- Submit completed nomination form.
- Submit academic verification from.
- All forms should be submitted via email by April 6, 2018.
- Board members will review applications and present award to recipient at the Severna Park High Senior Award Ceremony on May 24, 2018.
Please download all 3 forms below and email them in as one application package.
Complete and Include:
April 6, 2018 - Last day to submit application package
April 20 - Award winner will be selected
May 24 - Severna Park High School Senior Award Ceremony
How to submit
- Please email application packages to Sean McAndrew - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application emails should have all required forms included as viewable attachments.
- Forms may be hand written or typed.
- Please include your name in the title of each attached form.